Washing machines are one of the important appliances in your home because they allow you to quickly and efficiently wash your family’s clothing. Every once in a while, you might get an error message on your washer or you might notice that it’s not performing properly. In this article, we will cover exactly what to do when your washer stops working. We will also cover how to reset the washing machine.
How to Reset a Maytag Front Load Washer? (Step-by-Step)
1. Press the Power/Cancel button.
2. Select a new cycle to run.
3. Press Start/Pause.
The washer should not be reset. Make sure you run a test cycle and stand near the machine in case it beeps or flashes another error message. Once you have reset the machine, it should resume working properly again.
How to Reset a Maytag Top Load Washer? (Step-By-Step)
1. Unplug the washer for one minute.
2. Reconnect the power.
3. Lift the lid and close it 6 times within a 12-second period.
4. You also need to make sure you complete this process within 30 seconds of reconnecting the power.
How to Reset a Maytag Commercial Washer?
1. Unlock the lockbox to put the washer into program mode.
2. Find the Delicates and Knits mode in the washing options menu.
3. Hold the button down for 5 seconds.
4. The LED should flash and start to blink.
5. This means the error codes have been resolved and the washer is not reset.
This is how to reset coin-operated washers or commercial washers with lockboxes.
Maytag Washer Troubleshooting Answers:
Is there a Reset Button on a Maytag Washing Machines?
Maytag buttons do not have one specific button that is for resets. You can still reset the machine though by pressing a few buttons. Most Maytag washers can be reset by pressing the Start/Pause button and holding it down for about three seconds.
All the indicator lights should turn off. You can then rotate the Cycle Selector Knob clockwise to complete the reset and start using the machine again.
How Can I Run a Diagnostic on my Maytag Washer?
Yes, you can run a diagnostic on your Maytag Washer to help you determine why you might be having issues. Here is how to put the machine into diagnostic mode:
1. Set the mode dial so that it is pointing to the top position. In most Maytag washers this is labeled as “Normal.”
2. Unplug the machine.
3. Wait 10 seconds.
4. Re-plug the machine back in.
5. Lights should come on to show you an error code.
6. Spin the dial 360 degrees counterclockwise.
7. Set the dial to face the Normal mode settings at the top of the dial.
8. Turn the dial clockwise three licks.
9. Then turn it counterclockwise in one click.
10. Turn it clockwise with one click.
11. The cycle status lights should now show.
12. Turn the dial clockwise with one click.
13. You are now in error code mode.
14. Press the start button.
15. The machine should flash all the lights to show you have entered into diagnostic mode.
16. Turn the dial clockwise one click so that the machine shows the previous error codes you have had.
17. Each time you turn the dial clockwise it will show an error code that you have.
18. If the light of the machine flashes alone, there are no error codes stored.
My Maytag Washer Won’t Turn Off?
If your washer will not turn off, you need to make sure the washer is connected to an electrical power source. You might also want to check the water supply lines to make sure your washer can take in and let out water. If the machine is showing any error codes, make sure to resolve them.
My Maytag Washer Won’t Start?
There are a few reasons why your washer might not start. One of the main reasons is that there is an issue with the power. You will need to check the circuit breaker or use a multimeter test to see if the voltage is adequate.
In some cases, the start button might also be stuck. You can tap the areas around the button to see if it will pop back out or dislodge foreign material that might be stuck behind it.
My Maytag Washer Won’t Drain or Spin?
This commonly happens when the drain hose is clogged. You will need to check the hose for adequate water flow. Sometimes the hose needs to be straightened so that blockages are removed. You can also call a plumber if you are not sure how to hook up the hose.
What to Do if Your Maytag Washer is Leaking?
Leaking washing machines need to be fixed promptly so that floor around your machine does not get wet and damaged. You need to make sure the hoses behind the machine do not have any holes or problems with them.
How to Reset Your Maytag Washer Motor?
The Maytag washer motor will need to be reset when the machine is not spinning. You might notice this issue if the machine is done, but your clothes are still soaking wet. This signals that the machine did not spin the water out of them.
You can reset the washer motor in a few simple steps:
1. Take the plug out of the outlet for about 60 seconds.
2. Plug the cord back into the wall.
3. Lower and raise the washer lid six times in a row.
The motor should not be reset and should spin the water out of your clothes correctly.
How to Reset and Clear Any Maytag Washer Error Codes?
If your Maytag washer is not running well, you might see one or several error codes flashing across the LCD. Each code has a specific meaning that can help you in troubleshooting what may be wrong with the machine.
The way you will reset the machine of error codes depends on what error code you are getting as each one will need to be fixed differently. Check below for an explanation of some common error codes and how to fix the problem as well as reset the machine.
Maytag Washer Error Codes and their Meanings
What is Maytag Washer Error Code F21?
This indicates a problem with your drain valve. The pipes may have closed if the machine was taking too long to drain the water. Try shaking the drain pipe to see if it’s clogged and you can the material come loose. You should also make sure you are using a high-efficiency detergent to keep this from happening.
What is Maytag Washer Error Code LF?
This means there is an issue with water flowing into the machine. Check the inlet hoses to make sure there is no clogging.
What is Maytag Washer Error Code 5D or SD?
This means there is too many suds or soap during the washing cycle. Try using less detergent or a better quality one to keep this from happening.
What is Maytag Washer Error Code CL?
This shows when you need to run the clean water cycle. It will show every 30 cycles. The code should automatically clear once the clean water cycle has been completed.
What is Maytag Washer Error Code F5 E2?
This error shows when the door of the washer is not closed. Make sure there is nothing that is blocking the closure of the door. If the machine is too full, the door might also not close. Remove some items and try shutting the door again.
You can press the pause button or cancel button two times to erase the error code. It shouldn’t pop up again as long as you removed the obstacle that was preventing the door from closing.
What is Maytag Washer Error Code F34?
This signals that there is an item that remained in the washer when you were trying to do a drum cleaning cycle. Remove the item and make sure the tub is completely empty. You can then run the clean cycle again and the error should go away.
How to Reset Specific Maytag Washer Models:
How to Reset Maytag Bravos Washer?
1. Turn the cycle knob counterclockwise all the way around one time.
2. Turn the knob clockwise three clicks.
3. Turn the knob counterclockwise with one click.
4. Turn the knob clockwise one more time.
5. Turn the knob counterclockwise until you see the lights start flashing.
6. Keep clicking it until the Rinse option shows.
7. Hit the start button.
How to Reset Maytag Maxima Washer?
1. Press the Power button to make sure the washer is off.
2. Unplug the washer from the power outlet.
3. Press and hold the Start/Pause button for 5 seconds.
4. Plug the washer back in.
How to Reset Maytag Centennial Washer?
1. Unplug the washer for one minute.
2. Plug the washer back in.
3. Lift and lower the lid 6 times in 12 seconds.
Do Maytag Washers Have a Warranty?
Maytag washers have a limited 10-year warranty. The drive motor, wash basket, and dryer drum are all covered in this warranty. In the first year of owning the machine, all parts are covered under the warranty.
Do Maytag Washers Need Regular Cleaning and Maintenance?
All washers should undergo regular cleaning and maintenance to help them prolong their life. You can use washing machine cleaning tablets and then use the washer’s cleaning cycle to clean the tub. You should also clean the dispensers with a soft cloth and make sure there is no soap residue left behind. If any part of the machine stops working, call Maytag right away before the problem becomes more serious.
Do Maytag Washers, Last Long?
Most Maytag washers have a life expectancy of about 11 years. Some other brands like LG, boast that they have a life expectancy of 14 years. So, Maytag washers seem to last a little shorter than other popular brands.
What’s the Best Maytag Washing Machine?
This depends on your washing machine needs. Many people prefer the front loading ones because they fit more items and do not have an agitator so you can wash more bulky items like pillows and large blankets.
Final Thoughts – Are Maytag Washers Worth it?
Maytag washers are efficient. They rarely run into problems and have a long lifespan making them a good choice for appliances in your home. When you do encounter problems, a simple reset and check of the pipes and valves will usually resolve the issue. You can also diagnose the machine yourself and then consult the user manual for error codes and have to solve them.
Read our related reset articles:
- How to Reset a Samsung Dishwasher (Full Guide)
- How to Reset an LG Dishwasher (Full Guide)
- How to Reset a Frigidaire Dishwasher (Full Guide)
- How to Reset an Amana Washer (Full Troubleshooting Guide)
- How to Reset a Whirlpool Washing Machine (Full Guide)
Jamie is the Founder of My Home Dwelling. He is a homeowner and enjoys sharing his homeowner tips with others. He has real estate experience working as a new home construction Realtor. Jamie has worked on numerous residential construction sites helping with interior and exterior renovations. He loves refinishing furniture, DIY home projects, and sharing his knowledge online.