Lightweight, portable vacuum cleaners are widely popular with homeowners. These units are easy to carry around the home and perfect for tackling everyday messes and tough stains. Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green are two of the most popular portable vacuum cleaners on the market, but it’s hard to know which is better without doing some digging.
Hoover Cleanslate is a better vacuum than Bissell Little Green. It comes with two targeted cleaning tools, while Bissell Little Green only comes with one. Hoover Cleanslate also has other appealing features that effectively makes it a better vacuum.
There’s no doubt that Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green are both excellent vacuums, but comparing both will show why Hoover Cleanslate is the better vacuum. Read our full, in-depth guide comparing these two vacuums to see why the Hoover Cleanslate is the best choice for your home!
What’s the Difference Between Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green?
There are several differences between Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green, but the biggest difference is their cleaning tools. Bissell Little Green only comes with a single cleaning tool. Their 3-inch Tough Stain Tool is great for scrubbing away messes, but Hoover Cleanslate has more versatile options.
Hoover Cleanslate comes with a 7-inch WidePath Tool that’s perfect for tackling large, spread-out messes. It also comes with a TightSpot tool that’s excellent for reaching corners and crevices.
There are a few other minor differences between these two vacuums, and we’ll go into these differences in more detail later in this guide.
The Hoover company was founded in 1908 when a former janitor in Ohio invented a new electric carpet sweeper. With over 100 years in floor care, Hoover is widely regarded as a reliable and effective brand for cleaning carpets and upholstery.
This company continued to produce innovative floor-cleaning machines and is one of the most popular brands in America and Europe. Today, Hoover is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, and works to produce high-quality, high-performance vacuum cleaners for home and commercial use.
Hoover Cleanslate is one of Hoover’s newest vacuums. It hit the market in May 2022 and quickly became one of the most popular carpet and upholstery spot cleaners on the market.
This vacuum is designed specifically to fight tough messes caused by pets and comes with several special features to make cleaning even easier for homeowners. Hoover Cleanslate comes with the latest nontoxic cleaning formulas that work to remove ground-in stains and messes permanently.
- Powerful spray and suction for eliminating even the toughest messes
- 7-inch WidePath Tool easily tackles stains in large areas, while the TightSpot Tool eliminates stains and messes in hard-to-reach places
- Oxy concentrated formula allows Hoover Cleanslate to permanently remove tough, set-in stains
- Self-cleaning Hose Rinse Tool flushes the machine with water to remove any trace of dirt & debris
- 40oz tank capacity allows homeowners to clean for longer without having to stop and rinse out the tank
- 18ft cord allows for even further reach
The Hoover Cleanslate weighs only 9lbs, so you’ll have no trouble moving this vacuum around your home or up and down the stairs. The dimensions for this unit are 14×10.5×13 inches, which gives it a compact appearance and allows for easy storage.
How to Use Hoover Cleanslate?
Hoover designs their vacuums with their customer’s convenience in mind, so you’ll never find yourself struggling to use their vacuums. When you’re ready to tackle a tough mess on your carpet or upholstery, follow these easy steps:
1. Remove the clean water tank and fill it with a formula to the designated line. Then, fill with warm water to the indicated water line.
2. Place the tank back in the unit and plug it in. Next, press the power button.
3. Remove the hose and attach your desired cleaning tool.
4. Hold the tool about five inches away from the stain or mess and press the trigger button. Spray a generous amount of cleaning solution on the mess or stain.
5. Scrub the stain thoroughly with the cleaning tool.
6. Apply downward pressure on the front of the cleaning tool while pulling it over the stain to suck up the dirty water.
7. Repeat steps 4-7 until the stain is gone.
8. Turn off the unit and unplug it.
9. Remove the dirty water tank and rinse it well.
10. Allow the tank to air dry before the next use.
These easy ten steps are guaranteed to remove even the toughest stains from your carpets! You can follow the same steps when using the Hoover Cleanslate on your stairs, area rugs, and car interior.
Melville and his wife Anna founded the Bissell company in 1879 after designing a one-of-a-kind sweeper to eliminate the dust in their small crockery shop. Anna became the first CEO in America when she took over the company nearly ten years later after her husband passed away.
Bissell quickly became a popular brand of vacuum cleaners in America and continues to produce innovative cleaning units for homeowners. It’s still a family-owned company and has launched a non-profit organization to help support and protect pets.
Bissell Little Green
The Bissell Little Green is a small, portable, and lightweight vacuum suitable for use on multiple surfaces. It’s designed to tackle everyday messes and tough, ground-in stains, especially those caused by pets.
This vacuum is perfect for use on carpets, area rugs, upholstered furniture, stairs, and auto interiors. Let’s take a look at its special features and specs so you can see how they compare to the Hoover Cleanslate.
- Extra powerful suction and spray to eliminate even the toughest stains and messes
- Extra large tank capacity of 48oz allows homeowners to clean for longer and spend less time changing out the water tank
- 3-inch Tough Stain Tool easily scrubs away messes and ground-in stains
- Self-cleaning HydroRinse tool rids the hose of dirt and debris, so homeowners don’t have to spend time assembling and cleaning this piece
The Bissell Little Green weighs in at 9.65lbs, which allows it to be easily carried throughout the home. Its dimensions are 8.24×17.25×12.25 inches, so this unit can easily be stowed away in your closet or even a large cabinet.
How to Use Bissell Little Green?
Using the Bissell Little Green vacuum is very straightforward. The steps for using this vacuum are actually very similar to the steps needed for using the Hoover Cleanslate. Just follow these simple steps when you’re ready to tackle a mess with the Bissell Little Green vacuum.
1. Remove the clean water tank from the unit.
2. Fill the tank with the formula first, then add warm water. Follow the indicated lines on the clean water tank for both.
3. Replace the tank in the unit. Then, plug the tank in and hit the power button.
4. Remove the hose from your Bissell Little Green and attach the cleaning tool.
5. Hold the cleaning tool a few inches above the mess or stain and press the trigger button to release a generous amount of cleaning solution.
6. Release the trigger and scrub the mess.
7. Apply downward pressure to suction up all the dirty water and debris.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until the mess or stain is completely eliminated.
9. Turn off your vacuum and remove the dirty water tank.
10. Rinse out the tank and allow it to air dry.
You can follow these ten easy steps while using the Bissell Little Green on all approved surfaces.
Comparison Questions (Hoover Cleanslate vs Bissell Little Green)
Is Hoover Cleanslate or Bissell Little Green A More Effective Vacuum?
While the Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green models are both excellent vacuums, there’s no question that Hoover Cleanslate is more effective. It comes with two impressive tools, the 7-inch WidePath Tool and the TightSpot Tool, which allows for more targeted cleaning.
Bissell Little Green only comes with the 3-inch Tough Stains Tool, so you have more versatile cleaning tools with Hoover Cleanslate. Also, Hoover Cleanslate has a longer cord length, which allows you to reach farther when you’re cleaning rather than having to stop and change outlets.
Which Vacuum Is More Affordable?
Most portable, compact vacuums are going to sit in the same price range, and the Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green are no exception. Both vacuums have a similar price, with a difference of only $10-$15, depending on which retailer you’re going through.
Technically, Bissell Little Green costs less, but you’ll get an extra cleaning tool with Hoover Cleanslate. The extra cleaning tool and additional features (like the longer cord length) make Hoover Cleanslate a better deal.
Is Hoover Cleanslate or Bissell Little Green Better For Pet Messes?
Both vacuums are advertised as being uniquely qualified for handling the tough messes that come along with pets in the home. They’re both easy to carry around and have extra strong suction and spraying abilities to eliminate tough messes.
However, Hoover Cleanslate has more targeted cleaning tools than Bissell Little Green. The TightSpot Tool, in particular, is perfect for reaching paw prints ground into the corner of your stairs or muddy streaks left on the sides of your upholstered furniture.
If you have pets that regularly like to make a mess on your furniture or carpets, then Hoover Cleanslate is going to be your best friend for clean-ups!
The Verdict– What’s Better?
Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell Little Green are both lightweight, compact, and portable vacuums perfect for cleaning up everyday messes and tough stains. Each vacuum is designed to remove messes caused by pets and everyday life efficiently, but Hoover Cleanslate is unquestionably the better vacuum. It comes with more targeted cleaning tools, has a longer cord length, and is an overall better deal.
Jamie is the Founder of My Home Dwelling. He is a homeowner and enjoys sharing his homeowner tips with others. He has real estate experience working as a new home construction Realtor. Jamie has worked on numerous residential construction sites helping with interior and exterior renovations. He loves refinishing furniture, DIY home projects, and sharing his knowledge online.