Adding a spot cleaner to your army of cleaning tools is a great way to keep your home clean. Spot cleaners are excellent for cleaning up everyday messes like tracked-in mud and spilled food or wine. They’re also the perfect tool for tackling those ground-in messes hidden under your coffee table or couch. Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell SpotClean ProHeat are two of the biggest spot-cleaning vacuums on the market! So, which should you buy?
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat works more quickly and effectively than Hoover Cleanslate. Bissell’s model uses HeatWave technology to keep their cleaning solution at the perfect temperature for breaking down and eliminating stains, which means you’ll be able to remove stains more quickly and with less effort than when using other spot cleaners.
Want to know how we came to this conclusion? Check out our detailed comparison guide, where we examine Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell SpotClean ProHeat in depth. We’ll discuss their features, effectiveness, and more!
What’s the Difference Between Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell SpotClean ProHeat?
There are a few major differences between Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell SpotClean ProHeat. Both vacuums are designed to eliminate tough messes and long set-in stains, but their biggest difference is the cleaning tools they offer.
Hoover Cleanslate comes with two specialized cleaning tools. The 7-inch WidePath tool allows you to cover a large area more easily, and their TightSpot tool is ideal for getting into corners and crevices.
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat comes with a 3-inch Tough Stain tool for everyday messes and a Deep Stain tool for stubborn stains that have soaked deep into your carpet.
Another major difference is the technology used to remove stains. Hoover Cleanslate works by spraying a mist of cleaning solution (water and cleaning formula) onto a mess. You use one of their tools to scrub the mess out of your carpet, then suction up the diary water with their vacuum.
Most spot cleaners work the same way, but Bissell SpotClean ProHeat takes things to another level with their HeatWave technology. This technology keeps the water in its tank at the optimal temperature and makes the act of breaking up and eliminating stains much easier for homeowners. You’ll use a lot less elbow grease when working with Bissell SpotClean ProHeat!
The Hoover company began over 100 years ago. In 1908, a former janitor from Ohio invented a new type of electric carpet sweeper, and his invention was bought by William H. Hoover.
William H. Hoover expanded on this idea and began producing other electric carpet sweepers. His designs steadily became more innovative as new technologies were invented, and his company became one of the most popular floor care brands across North American and European markets.
This model was released by Hoover in May 2022. Despite being a new model, Hoover Cleanslate quickly became one of their most popular products. Its compact, lightweight design allows customers to easily move this unit around their home and it’s versatile enough to be used on multiple surfaces.
You can use the Hoover Cleanslate on carpets, upholstered furniture, auto interiors, and area rugs. It’s easy to use and comes with targeted cleaning tools that makes cleaning stubborn messes a breeze.
Let’s take a look at the features and specs of this product. Then, we’ll give you the details of how you can use it to remove those stubborn stains and messes.
Hoover Cleanslate Features
Hoover Cleanslate comes with several helpful features. Here’s a list of what you have to look forward to with this model.
- Specialized cleaning tools include the 7-inch WidePath and TightSpot tool. The WidePath tool allows homeowners to easily clean a large mess all at once, while the TightSpot tool makes it easy for homeowners to eliminate stains in corners, crevices, and hard-to-reach places.
- Powerful spray and suction action allows the cleaning formula to penetrate deep into your carpet and removes the mess with ease.
- Comes with a bottle of Oxy concentrated cleaning formula to help eliminate even the toughest, most noticeable stains
- Self-cleaning Hose Rinse tool allows homeowners peace of mind as they don’t have to spend time rinsing out the hose themselves
- 18ft cord lets homeowners clean larger areas without having to stop and change outlets
- 40oz tank capacity makes it easy for homeowners to clean for longer without having to stop and rinse out the tank
These features make the Hoover Cleanslate a convenient choice for homeowners and remove many of the headaches associated with spot cleaning.
As one of the lightest spot cleaners on the market, Hoover Cleanslate weighs only 9lbs. This makes it perfect for those with large houses or multiple floors because you won’t break your back while lugging this unit around. Its dimensions are 14×10.5×13, which gives it a short, compact design. This unit can easily fit in your cleaning closet or even a large cabinet under your kitchen sink.
How to Use Hoover Cleanslate?
Using the Hoover Cleanslate model is pretty intuitive. If you’ve used another spot-cleaning vacuum before, then you’ll find the steps for this model very similar. Here are the steps you’ll follow when cleaning with Hoover Cleanslate.
1. Remove the empty clean water tank from your unit.
2. Fill the tank with water first to the designated line, then add the formula to the formula line.
3. Replace the tank in your unit and plug it in. Then, hit the power button.
4. Attach either the 7-inch WidePath or TightSpot tool.
5. Hold the tool a few inches above the spot that needs cleaning. Press the trigger button located on the handle to release a stream of cleaning solution.
6. Release the trigger and scrub the stain with your cleaning tool.
7. Suction up the dirty water by applying downward pressure and dragging the cleaning tool toward you over the stain.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until the stain or mess is completely eliminated.
9. Turn off your machine and unplug it. Then, remove the dirty water tank.
10. Rinse the tank thoroughly and allow it to air dry.
These easy steps will become easy to remember once you’ve used this vacuum a few times.
Bissell has also been in business for over 100 years. This company began in 1876 when husband and wife due Melville and Anna Bissell invented a one-of-a-kind sweeper designed to eliminate dust in their small crockery shop.
The company became widely popular and quickly released more models of sweepers and, eventually vacuums. Bissell is still a family-owned company to this day, and they started a non-profit organization to protect and support pets in 2011.
Most spot-cleaning vacuums seem to work exactly the same, but Bissell SpotClean ProHeat is a very unique model. This model uses innovative HeatWave technology that maintains an optimal cleaning solution temperature while you’re cleaning.
This special feature is extremely appealing to homeowners who deal with particularly stubborn messes or don’t have the time to spend scrubbing endlessly at stains. There are plenty of other exciting features this model offers as well, so let’s discuss those in detail.
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Features
This vacuum has several features that make the cleaning process even easier for homeowners. Here’s a list of the features you’ll enjoy with Bissell SpotClean ProHeat:
- Innovative HeatWave technology maintains optimal cleaning temperatures of the cleaning solution. This breaks up stains and messes even easier, so homeowners have to use less elbow grease to eliminate stains
- Powerful spray and suction allow cleaning formula to penetrate deep into your carpet and lifts it out with ease
- Concentrated Oxy formula works to break down even the toughest stains
- Comes with two specialized tools, the DeepStain and 3-inch ToughStain tools, perfect for tackling everyday messes and long ground-in stains.
- Built-in HyrdroRinse self-cleaning tool allows the hose to flush itself of dirt and debris, so homeowners don’t have to worry about cleaning this part
- 14ft cord allows homeowners to clean large rooms without having to switch outlets
- 37oz tank capacity makes it easy for homeowners to clean for longer without stopping to rinse out the tank
These features make cleaning even easier for homeowners. The HeatWave technology, in particular, reduces the amount of time you’ll spend scrubbing stains and makes removing even the toughest spots a breeze.
While not technically the lightest unit on the market, the Bissell SpotClean ProHeat weighs just 9.2 lbs, so it’s still lightweight enough to carry up and down the stairs or around the most spacious homes. Its dimensions are 6.5×12.14.5, which makes this short, compact unit perfect for squeezing into crowded cleaning closets or large cabinets.
How to Use Bissell SpotClean ProHeat?
Despite its innovative technology, Bissell SpotClean ProHeat works the same as most spot-cleaning vacuums. All you need to do is follow these ten easy steps.
1. Remove the clean water tank from your machine.
2. Fill the tank with hot water to the water line, then add cleaning formula to the formula line.
3. Replace the tank in your machine. Then, plug it in and hit the power button.
4. Attach your desired cleaning tool.
5. Hold the cleaning tool a few inches above the stain and press the trigger button to release a generous amount of cleaning solution. For the toughest stains, allow the formula to sit for 3-5 minutes before moving on.
6. Scrub the stain with your cleaning tool.
7. To suction up the dirty water, pull the cleaning tool toward you over the stain while applying downward pressure.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until the stain is completely eliminated.
9. Turn off your machine and unplug it.
10. Remove the dirty water tank and rinse it well. Allow it to air dry before the next use.
These steps work for cleaning your carpets, area rugs, auto interiors, and upholstered furniture. Follow these easy steps every time to remove tough stains and everyday messes.
Comparison Questions (Hoover Cleanslate vs Bissell SpotClean ProHeat)
Is Hoover Cleanslate or Bissell SpotClean ProHeat The More Effective Vacuum?
Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell SpotClean ProHeat are both designed to be effective at removing everyday messes and tough stains, especially those caused by pets! However, Bissell SpotClean ProHeat is the more effective vacuum.
Bissell’s vacuum uses HeatWave technology to maintain an optimal cleaning solution temperature. This temperature works to break up stains and messes before you even start scrubbing it.
The HeatWave technology makes it much easier for homeowners because it greatly reduces scrubbing time and the amount of elbow grease they need to apply. This is the perfect option for busy people, especially parents, who can’t take a lot of time out of their days to clean.
Which Vacuum Is More Affordable?
Both vacuums are going to cost you a bit over $100, but their prices are actually incredibly similar. There’s less than a $4 difference in price between these models on Amazon! If price is your main consideration, then that won’t help you determine which model to select.
However, if you consider your time to be valuable, then you’re guaranteed to get a better deal with Bissell SpotClean ProHeat. You’ll spend less time scrubbing at stains and messes, so you can spend more time doing the things you love!
Is Hoover Cleanslate or Bissell SpotClean ProHeat Better For Pet Messes?
These spot-cleaning vacuums are advertised as being the perfect solution to everyday messes caused by pets. Both work effectively for this purpose, but Bissell’s model works even better than Hoover’s.
Bissell’s ToughStain tool will easily scrub up any muddy paw prints or trails left by tails throughout your home. The HeatWave technology makes it easy to eliminate these messes quickly, which is a necessity when you’re surrounded by excited pets!
The Verdict– Which is Better?
Hoover Cleanslate and Bissell SpotClean ProHeat are both excellent spot-cleaning vacuums. They each have plenty of great features and wonderful cleaning tools, but Bissell’s HeatWave technology sets them apart. Bissell’s vacuum cleans the most effectively and reduces the time you’ll spend scrubbing on stains. When you need a reliable and convenient spot cleaner, choose the Bissell SpotClean ProHeat.
Jamie is the Founder of My Home Dwelling. He is a homeowner and enjoys sharing his homeowner tips with others. He has real estate experience working as a new home construction Realtor. Jamie has worked on numerous residential construction sites helping with interior and exterior renovations. He loves refinishing furniture, DIY home projects, and sharing his knowledge online.