When you have a home full of carpeting and upholstery, you’re bound to need a good deep-cleaning vacuum. Bissell Little Green and SpotClean ProHeat are two of the best deep-cleaning vacuums on the market! They come with similar tools and can be used on the same surfaces, but there are some key differences that set one above the other.
Bissell SpotClean ProHeat is unquestionably the better vacuum. This unit comes with more features than the Little Green model, including HeatWave Technology which keeps the water at just the right temperature for cleaning and stain removal.
Are you curious to learn more about why Bissell SpotClean ProHeat is the better vacuum? We’re going to review each unit in-depth, along with their special features and specs. You’ll be able to see clearly why the SpotClean ProHeat is the next deep-cleaning vacuum you need for your home.
What’s the Difference Between Bissell Little Green and SpotClean ProHeat?
There are several differences between these two models. Bissell Little Green has a short and squat design, while the SpotClean ProHeat model is slimmer and taller. The SpotClean ProHeat model uses specialized HeatWave Technology to keep the water in its tank at the optimum cleaning temperature, and the Little Green model doesn’t have this feature.
Another difference is the cleaning tools each model comes with. The SpotClean ProHeat model comes with more efficient cleaning tools than the Little Green model, but we’ll get into further detail about that later in this guide.
Melville R. Bissell and his wife Anna started the company in 1876 when they invented a one-of-a-kind sweeper designed to pick up all the stubborn dust in their little crockery shop. This company skyrocketed as its sweeper hit the market, and Anna stepped up as CEO in 1889 after her husband passed away.
The Bissell brand became very popular throughout North America and Europe during the 1900s and continues to be a favorite for many homes. Bissell has put out several innovative vacuums since its inception and even started a non-profit dedicated to protecting and supporting pets!
Bissell Little Green is a small, lightweight, and compact portable spot cleaner. This unit eliminates tough stains and is especially adept at removing pet messes like paw prints from all the soft surfaces in your home.
This portable cleaner comes with several special features to help homeowners eliminate stains even in hard-to-reach places. Let’s take a look at the special features and specs you’ll have with the Little Green model.
- This design features extra strong spray and suction power to eliminate tough messes, especially those caused by pets!
- Bissell Little Green can be used on multiple surfaces, including carpet, upholstery, stairs, area rugs, and auto interiors.
- A large tank capacity of 48oz allows homeowners to clean for longer without having to run to the sink and refill your tank.
- This model comes with a HydroRinse self-cleaning tool, so you don’t have to struggle to clean out the hose in between uses.
- The Little Green model comes with a 3-inch Tough Stain tool that’s perfect for scrubbing away stains and removing debris from all approved surfaces.
Weighing in at only 9.65lbs, Bissell Little Green is incredibly easy to maneuver around your home and up and down the stairs. The product dimensions for this unit are 8.25×17.25×12.25 inches, so you can easily move the Little Green model through tight doorways and store in small closets.
How To Use Bissell Little Green
Bissell strives to make all their vacuums as easy to set up, use, and clean as possible. The shape of Bissell Little Green might throw homeowners off at first glance, but it’s actually very simple to set up and use.
Follow these easy steps to use your Bissell Little Green:
1. Remove the empty clean tank from the machine.
2. Unscrew the cap and add Bissell formula to the formula line. Then, fill with warm water to the water line.
3. Replace the tank in the machine and plug it in.
4. Remove the hose and attach the cleaning tool. Then, press the power button.
5. Hold the cleaning tool above the stain and press the trigger to release a mist of cleaning formula and water.
6. Release the trigger and make slow passes over the stain to suction up the dirty water.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the stain is completely gone!
8. Turn the machine off and unplug it when you’re done.
9 Empty out the dirty water tank and rinse it thoroughly. Allow to air dry before the next use.
You can use Bissell Little Green to remove stains from any approved surface including carpets, area rugs, upholstery, and car interiors.
Deep, ground-in messes on carpets can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare! These stains are often very challenging to remove, but Bissell SpotClean ProHeat turns this chore into a breeze with several special features.
You can use this unit on your carpets, area rugs, upholstery, stairs, car interior, and more! This compact unit is lightweight and easy to use. Let’s take a look at the features and specs of the SpotClean ProHeat unit.
- Built-in HeatWave Technology keeps the water at the optimal temperature for cleaning to remove tough spots and stains permanently.
- This unit can be used on multiple soft surfaces in and out of your home.
- Bissell SpotClean ProHeat comes with a DeepStain Tool that sprays the cleaning solution deep into your carpet to remove even the most ground-in stains.
- This unit also comes with a Tough Stain tool that’s effective at removing stains caused by mud, dirt, pet messes, and more!
- A compact and slim design make the SpotClean ProHeat easy to navigate around the home and store.
- This unit also comes with a HydroRinse Self-Cleaning tool to make keeping the hose clean a breeze.
The Bissell SpotClean ProHeat model only weighs 9.2lbs, so you should have no trouble getting it up and down staircases. The dimensions of this product are 6.5x12x14.5 inches, which makes for a very slim design that’s easy to maneuver and store anywhere.
How To Use Bissell SpotClean ProHeat?
Using the SpotClean ProHeat model is very easy, and we have the steps laid out for you here. Follow these simple steps to eliminate stains with Bissell SpotClean ProHeat:
1. Remove the clean water tank from the machine.
2. Fill the tank with warm water to the water line. Then, fill it with formula to the formula line.
3. Next, unwind the hose, attach your desired cleaning tool, and plug your unit in.
4. Pretreat tough stains by pointing the cleaning tool over the stain. Press the trigger to allow a mist of cleaning solution to cover the stain. Allow the solution to sit for 3-5 minutes for optimum effectiveness.
5. Gently scrub the stain with the brush attachment.
6. Then, pull the brush back toward you with some downward pressure to remove the dirty water.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the stain is totally gone.
8. Remove the dirty water tank and rinse it out. Allow the tank to airdry until the next use.
Comparison Questions (Bissell Little Green vs SpotClean ProHeat):
Is Bissell Little Green or SpotClean ProHeat More Effective At Removing Stains?
While both models are effective stain removers, the SpotClean ProHeat model is far more effective. Bissell Little Green only comes with a Tough Stain tool, while the SpotClean ProHeat model comes with a DeepStain tool that allows it to remove super ground in and deeply set stains.
Another major difference that makes the SpotClean ProHeat model more effective is its HeatWave Technology. This technology works to keep the water in the cleaning tank at the perfect temperature for breaking up debris and eliminating stains.
Is Bissell Little Green or SpotClean ProHeat More Affordable?
Surprisingly, despite all its extra features, the SpotClean ProHeat model has a very similar price to the Little Green model. Each unit uses the Bissell cleaning formula, so you’ll basically be spending the same amount regardless of which model you buy.
However, since the SpotClean ProHeat model is so much more effective at eliminating stains, especially those that are set very deep in carpets, you may end up spending less on cleaning formula with this model in the long run.
Can You Use The Same Cleaning Formulas With Both Units?
Bissell offers a wide range of cleaning solutions, and some are only to be used with specific vacuum models. However, most of their cleaners can be used with the Little Green and SpotClean ProHeat models.
You won’t be losing out on using your favorite formula by buying either of these units! Whether you prefer the original Bissell Spot & Stain, the version with OXY, or their Pet cleaning formulas, you’ll be able to use them with either model.
The Verdict– Which is Better?
Bissell Little Green and SpotClean ProHeat are two portable spot-cleaning vacuums that are excellent for use on carpets, area rugs, car interiors, and more. Each model comes with special features and cleaning tools, but the SpotClean ProHeat model is far superior.
It comes with a DeepStain cleaning tool to eliminate deep-set stains and uses HeatWave Technology to keep the water at the perfect temperature for cleaning. If you need a powerful and effective spot-cleaner, then you need to try Bissell SpotClean ProHeat!
Jamie is the Founder of My Home Dwelling. He is a homeowner and enjoys sharing his homeowner tips with others. He has real estate experience working as a new home construction Realtor. Jamie has worked on numerous residential construction sites helping with interior and exterior renovations. He loves refinishing furniture, DIY home projects, and sharing his knowledge online.